Winchester News Online goes live! Critical reflection

Today was the big day! WINOL finally went live and I'm happy to say that it was our strongest bulletin to date.

The two dummy runs proved to be excellent learning curves for everyone and today people finally looked confident in what they were doing.

From the production side of things, the bulletin looked very good and well polished. The black holes that plagued our other two bulletins were practically non-existent and I felt, from my perspective, the show ran very smoothly.

Again, the Wednesday was the busiest day for the production team and I was in charge of writing and editing the script and running order. While being a pretty daunting task, I felt it was made easier than last week by the fact that the links and intros were being delivered to me much more quickly so I could get them edited and placed in the script earlier.

I also assumed the role of output editor which meant I was in charge of making sure the overall production was broadcast and run smoothly.

I was sat next to the director Leanne while the bulletin went to air. During the rehearsals, we were able to see any changes that needed to be made to the script and adjust them accordingly. If we were to do the bulletin again, I would like to change a few other areas of the script that I felt weren't particularly well written and proved to be difficult for the presenter to say.

You can check out the stream of our efforts at www.winol.co.uk

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am currently in my final year at Winchester University studying Journalism. I hope to become a music journalist although I now realise how difficult it would be to make a living from. Im currently assessing my career options so any suggestions would be welcomed!

Followers

Search This Blog

http://rpc.blogcatalog.com/