Not tonight dear, im too tired

I read a great story in The Times this week.

A major company in Japan has told its workers to knock off early all this week. So, rather than leaving at 7pm, they left at 5.10pm.

Not too unusual, right?


Wrong! It turns out this story has more to it than your usual story about flexi-time.

The strange part concerns what the workers were supposed to be doing with the extra time off. According to an employee, a pretty frank e-mail was send around the office on Monday morning explaining the companies plans to participate in a scheme to try and help solve one of the countries major problems.

The national birthrate in Japan is low so in an attempt to try and combat this, Mitsubishi UFJ suggested people go home and enjoy "family time."

Management must have had a brainwave and thought that sending workers home earlier would mean they could be reunited with their partners and exhaustion wouldn't crush the passion in the bedroom and the declining birthrate problem would be solved.

This is the first example I have heard of a companies agenda making its way into the bedroom.

I personally hope the idea takes off and I look forward to the day when an employees 'romantic time' is scheduled and enforced by a legally binding document!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am currently in my final year at Winchester University studying Journalism. I hope to become a music journalist although I now realise how difficult it would be to make a living from. Im currently assessing my career options so any suggestions would be welcomed!

Followers

Search This Blog

http://rpc.blogcatalog.com/