Advancements in UK copyright law

Following on from our lecture on UK copyright law, I found an recent article on The Register which details new changes in how copyright laws are read and implemented to make them more understandable and useful.

The Government said the move to producing new and easier to understand 'model contracts' was necessary because "digital technology is fundamentally changing the relationships between consumers, producers and consumers."

One of my colleagues James Kenyon also introduced me to a very useful website called Creative Commons, which you can use to search for images, articles etc which you can safely use on your web page without infringing on copyright laws.

1 comments:

Chris Horrie 6 November 2009 at 14:50  

excellent - the creative commons site is very useful.

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am currently in my final year at Winchester University studying Journalism. I hope to become a music journalist although I now realise how difficult it would be to make a living from. Im currently assessing my career options so any suggestions would be welcomed!

Followers

Search This Blog

http://rpc.blogcatalog.com/