How to avoid image copyright issues

I stumbled across a very simple and quick way to make sure you avoid any copyright issues when it comes to uploading any images to your blog posts.

google screenshot

Step 1 - Once on 'Google Images' click on 'Advanced Image Search'


google screenshot

Step 2 - When the screen has loaded you will need to change the 'Usage Rights' drop down menu to read 'labeled for reuse'


Now when you search for the image you want, Google will only bring up pictures that can be used by anyone.

There are also other options, for example, if you require a picture that you wish to modify in any way.

Please note: You still may have to attribute photos to their original source even if they are labeled for use by anyone. This is important to remember!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am currently in my final year at Winchester University studying Journalism. I hope to become a music journalist although I now realise how difficult it would be to make a living from. Im currently assessing my career options so any suggestions would be welcomed!

Followers

Search This Blog

http://rpc.blogcatalog.com/