Trying new things for 2010

camera

I have decided to get a new digital camera for Christmas to assist me in my new years resolution to take more pictures. The whole resolution thing was admittedly an afterthought as I realised I can loosely justify spending near a £100 on a camera as it is an "essential" purchase.

So, I am officially going to be one of those annoying people who carries a camera everywhere and takes pictures of every little thing. An artistic hobby such as photography has always appealed to me, but unfortunately I am one of the least artistically-minded people on the face of the earth.

When I was younger, I tried sitting down with a blank canvas and forcing myself to draw in the hope that in a flash of inspiration, I would produce the greatest piece of 20th Century art ever seen. Sadly, this sudden unexplainable talent never came and quite often ended up with a blank canvas covered in eraser marks. I always found it a seemingly impossible task to think of any original ideas and then translate those ideas into actual things of substance.

new york artHowever, one thing I have always had is a desire to write, but still this never translated into an art form. Ask me to write you a poem and I'm afraid to say, you would be sorely disappointed.

Street art in New York City


I am not going to kid myself and think that any mug can pick up a camera and suddenly be a brilliant photographer. I don't know the first thing about depth-of-field, overexposure or shutter speed but I believe even suffering from an severe artistic deficiency, I can conjure up something remotely nice to look at.


Check out these new blogs of note I found which contain some excellent photography:

Not So Humble Pie
Hort Log

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am currently in my final year at Winchester University studying Journalism. I hope to become a music journalist although I now realise how difficult it would be to make a living from. Im currently assessing my career options so any suggestions would be welcomed!

Followers

Search This Blog

http://rpc.blogcatalog.com/