First run of ENPS and a lot of faulty equipment...

Another week, another live bulletin.

The Wednesday definitely felt a lot more subdued than previous weeks and everyone seemed happy and settled in their roles. Turns out this overconfidence would send us crashing down to earth with a bump!

The production was our weakest yet and was one of those in which everything seemed to go wrong. There were problems with sound, VTs, microphones and auto cues. Admittedly many of these mistakes were out of our hands but at the end, it was hard not to feel like we had taken a giant step backwards.

enps print screen http://www.enps.com/

My role was made more exciting/challenging this week with the introduction of ENPS, industry approved technology which I used to compile the script and running order. The system is much more advanced than what I had been previously using but it also made working out timings a lot easier. There were a few glitches when it came to printing the final product and putting the script on the autocue but hopefully these can be ironed out before next week.

We also ran into technical difficulties on the Tuesday as the tape deck malfunctioned while we were recording the 'What's On' and 'Date with Fate' features in the studio. This was very frustrating as we would struggle to make time to record them on the Wednesday.

On the Monday, Rich and I spent all day editing all the material on Joomla which we eventually put up on the WINOL website. It was good to finally get on top of all the stories and with the new editing system Rich set up, it should be a lot easier and quicker in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am currently in my final year at Winchester University studying Journalism. I hope to become a music journalist although I now realise how difficult it would be to make a living from. Im currently assessing my career options so any suggestions would be welcomed!

Followers

Search This Blog

http://rpc.blogcatalog.com/