"Revolutionary" e-reader to be launched in Jan

An article in the Independent today made me realise I needed to do a follow up to my blog about the debates around the death of the press industry with the introduction of e-readers (see it here).

The Curreny Sony E-reader

What is being billed as the "ultimate" e-reader is set to make its debut in January 2010 after 10 years spent developing its technology. The Independent is labelling the Que pro-Reader as the thing that "could help save the press industry".

The makers of the Que say that because it is powered by electronic circuitry using plastic as a base rather than silicone which makes it much lighter, more robust product that is also easier to use than other e-readers.

Sales and management of the product is based in California, Chief Executive Richard Archuleta believes the Que could benefit the struggling newspaper industry by "helping our content partners enter new markets and reach new customers". The Financial Times and USA Today are already proving content.

It appears there could yet be a glimmer of hope for the newspaper industry then...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am currently in my final year at Winchester University studying Journalism. I hope to become a music journalist although I now realise how difficult it would be to make a living from. Im currently assessing my career options so any suggestions would be welcomed!

Followers

Search This Blog

http://rpc.blogcatalog.com/