Barmy Blaney's Blarney

Browsing the news websites this morning I stumbled across a fine example of a giant waste of time:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8285954.stm

For those of you who didnt bother to click the link then basically a blogger called Donal Blaney managed to get a high court injunction preventing someone writing under his name over a fake twitter account. Some of the provocative tweets posts included:

“So the Iranians were lying all along. Time for the RAF to start practicing bunker bombing...”

“Now Obama, who the eurofederasts [sic] love, is happy to leave us to the mercy of the mad mullahs...”

All very amusing.

An equally effective, less time consuming and certainly less over-the-top solution may have been to email the nice people at twitter and ask them to take the account down.

In a shameless display of egotism Blaney then wrote on his blog that: "It is, as I have said in the media, the day the scales of justice were tipped back in favour of innocent victims".

Lets hope this doesnt set a precedent for overly sensitive drama queens wasting legal time and resources on trivial matters.

Oh and Blaney my name is Matt Clifford, thought it might make my injunction easier.


2 comments:

Chris Horrie 4 October 2009 at 14:37  

Interesting one - the fast evolving scene of how the law applies to new media.

Rich Google Taylor 5 October 2009 at 05:45  

Great post matt.

http://journoblogism.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am currently in my final year at Winchester University studying Journalism. I hope to become a music journalist although I now realise how difficult it would be to make a living from. Im currently assessing my career options so any suggestions would be welcomed!

Followers

Search This Blog

http://rpc.blogcatalog.com/